Mother’s Day is just around the corner! What do you have planned to celebrate the person who loves you most? Sometimes, a store-bought card just isn’t enough to say the words you want to say, so here’s a Do-It-Yourself project that will be ready before Sunday comes around.
I made this for my mom last year for Mother’s Day. It’s really simple to make and is super cute. I also made one for my Grandmom, because she’s a mother, too!
Things needed for this project:
- A small sized canvas (approx. 3” by 3”)
- Non-perishable flowers
- Colored paper
- Mini clothespin
- Hot glue gun
- Acrylic paint
- Craft glue
- Sparkles or mini pearl beads (optional)
- A mini easel or canvas stand (optional)
All of these things can be found at any craft store like Michaels or A.C. Moore.
- Paint your blank canvas your mom’s favorite color or colors. Let dry.
- Add a sparkly or pearly border to your canvas with craft glue.
- Hot glue flowers to your canvas.
- Hot glue mini clothespin to canvas.
- Cut out and write on colored paper, then apply to canvas with craft glue.
- Set canvas on mini easel.
- (Don’t forget to write your name and the year on the back!)
You can choose to put it on a stand or hang it on the wall, whatever you choose! The photo below shows one that I covered completely in flowers. It didn’t quite turn out the way I had imagined, but I think it’s still unique!
Happy early Mother’s Day to all moms!
What are you planning for Mother’s Day?
What do you like most about your mom?